Heather and Joe Conley opened Heather’s Child’s Place in 1981 when Heather sought to create a place to care for her own children as well as others in a caring, supportive environment. She brought with her training in education and the arts, and nine years teaching experience in the public school system. Joe taught school as a physical educator working with children of all ability levels for 35 years before joining Heather’s.
Heather had an article published in 1998 about Heather’s Place in Scholastic Early Childhood Today and is often featured in local news media. Heather served on the Board of Directors of the New York Child Care Association and continues to work closely with local organizations to promote high standards in early childhood development. Heather has presented workshops in Early Childhood Developmental Activities in Literacy, both locally and regionally. Joe has received numerous awards for his extensive service in education, including the A+ for Kids award in 1990. Joe co-published an article in School Arts in 1980, and has frequently published in Great Activities Newspaper. Joe consults and presents workshops around the country on developmentally appropriate Physical Education activities and was selected by the State of New Jersey to serve on the state standards and content committee, establishing standards for the New Jersey school system. Together, Heather and Joe have developed a wonderful reputation in the community through 30 plus years of excellent care and the teaching of young children.
Our number one mission is to provide a safe, loving, caring and educational environment in which your child can grow and learn. Our teachers create a caring and nurturing atmosphere that fosters each child’s creativity and positive self-image. At our center we value people: the children in our care, their parents, and our employees. We continually work to earn the trust placed in us. We strive each day to provide the best possible early childhood educational services for our children. We encourage not just learning, but also the love of learning! We provide opportunities for each child to expand their intellectual horizons.
Why do people come to Heather’s for their childcare?
- We have an outstanding reputation of caring for children in the Montgomery area for over 30 years!
- Our center strives each day to meet not just the minimum state regulatory standards, but the national best practices of NYAEYC (New York Association for the Education of Young Children). In fact, the owners of Heather’s Child’s Place are often invited presenters at National Childcare Associations. They both present workshops on developmentally appropriate practices and activities for young children to other teachers, caregivers, and owners of other centers.
- Our teachers show compassion, caring and treat children under their care as if they were their own.
- There is no need for you to sign any annual contracts. We know that each day you will see the value of sending your child to Heather's Child's Place: you will see the caring environment and you will see the honest and open door policy that we have.
- We are always open to constructive criticism and seek to hear from you suggestions on how we can better meet your child’s individual needs.
- We promise to keep our childcare center at the highest level and to protect, educate and inspire your child each day with new and exciting activities.